Working in partnership with Home Start South East Essex.
Being a parent or carer is not an easy job.
We offer practical, personal and emotional support for mothers, fathers and carers either in your home or at one of our Children’s Centre’s. Our aim is to support your needs and work in partnership with you and other agencies to identify your family’s needs and concerns and offer support to address these.
CAVS Outreach and Family Support Team can offer:
- Baby massage groups
- Positive parenting programmes
- DELTA programmes
- Parents workshops
- Outreach home visits to introduce Children’s Centres
- Home visits to provide: Signposting, information advice and guidance on a range of issues
Home Start South East Essex volunteers can also provide:
- Emotional support to help parents find ways to manage and resolve problems
- Direct support to children including: playing, listening, having fun, establishing feeding routines, encouraging development and providing opportunities for outings and treats.
- Practical help with budgeting, nutrition and meal planning, cooking and making the home safe.
- Encourage and support families to attend local family groups including those at the Children’s Centres to enable them to get out and meet others and become more involved in their own community.
- Information and links to other organisations including health and educational services.
- Access to parenting advice and parenting skills training.
To access any of these services a simple referral form will need to be completed.
This is available from email@example.com, 01268 638412 or by clicking on the icon to the left of the screen. Once completed please return to Lisa Wyatt, CAVS Children’s Centres, The Tyrells Centre, 39 Seamore Avenue, Thundersley, Essex, SS7 4EX.
CAVS Outreach and Family support service also offer individually tailored, intensive support packages to families where specific needs have been identified through a Common Assessment. These might include:
Managing your child’s behaviour
Establishing routines and boundaries
Parenting skills and techniques
Managing your own behaviour
Learning through play
Supporting speech and language development